Oxygen Sensor And Spark Plugs

Hello all-

I am about to replace the oxygen sensors in my 2000 GS 300. The check engine light is on and I am certain that it's because the sensors need to be changed. It has 150k miles and I wanted to replace the spark plugs as well. What type of oxygen sensor and spark plug would you all recommend? Do I purchase it online, auto parts store or dealership? Please advise.

First I'd suggest getting the engine code read, which can be done for free at many auto parts stores. If you do indeed need new o2 sensors I usually get mine from rockauto.com because of their good prices and customer service. I suggest going with OEM manufacturers like Denso. You can go wih universal plugs which are wayyyy cheaper but require just a lil more work to install. I got my sparkplugs from ebay though, I went with NGK iridiums, although some will argue that platinum plugs are fine i just went with iridiums because they were easy to find and to change. Goodluck.

I just replaced my O2 sensor on my 98 GS300 and I purchased a DENSO sensor from the internet. Make sure you find out the original part number and cross reference it with the DENSO part number. The DENSO sensor is about half the price of what the dealer charges and works exactly the same.

I suggest the same with the spark plugs - get either DENSO or NGK