Space Saver Tire

Tidewater

I am wanting to get rid of my runflat tires but am struggling with the idea of spending almost $1000 to retrofit the trunk to accept a spare. I thought someone had written once about a space saver tire made for another auto, but the rim size and lug size would fit the sc430 and the tire would fit into the existing well in the trunk without any retrofit. Is anyone familiar with this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
I am wanting to get rid of my runflat tires but am struggling with the idea of spending almost $1000 to retrofit the trunk to accept a spare. I thought someone had written once about a space saver tire made for another auto, but the rim size and lug size would fit the sc430 and the tire would fit into the existing well in the trunk without any retrofit. Is anyone familiar with this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Did the Toyota Supra spare tire work as suggested or any other alternative option?

• 3 months later...

Did the Toyota Supra spare tire work as suggested or any other alternative option?

Just installed the Lexus spare tire kit I purchased from Factory Lexus Parts for $675. The installation was easy after reading the directions. Looks good.

Just installed the Lexus spare tire kit I purchased from Factory Lexus Parts for $675. The installation was easy after reading the directions. Looks good.

I was about to suggest a Continental kit on the back,,, LOL wonder how that would look on that SC430

I know it be a dumb post, but could not resist.

You got a deal from your dealership LOL. I inquired at my stealership about the spare and mounting it in the trunk I was quoted $1091 just for parts and that was without labor. They said they needed 4 hours to do the job getting $108/hr. So that would be $432 for labor for a grand total of $1523. WOW what a deal huh?

• 3 weeks later...

You got a deal from your dealership LOL. I inquired at my stealership about the spare and mounting it in the trunk I was quoted $1091 just for parts and that was without labor. They said they needed 4 hours to do the job getting $108/hr. So that would be $432 for labor for a grand total of $1523. WOW what a deal huh?

FYI, with input from the Lexus Club Forum people, I got the spare for the RX8 off of Ebay ($249 plus shipping $49 or so) and it fits, I made sure it would fit the front and back and then mounted it in the spare slot using tie downs.

It works.

Guy

Colorado