Wheel Spacers...

jcrome04

Hello once again everybody. I need some input/advice from y'all! :lol:

I have been more and more grossed out by how sunk in my wheels are :D haha

Mainly the rears, but the fronts could use some widening too. So I was thinking just buy some wheels spacers and everything will be right as rain.

But I hear many mixed reviews on wheels spacers and am just wondering what everyone's thoughts and opinions are on them, and what facts you know.

I hear some people love them and have never had a problem, but then others say they are dangerous and they will cause the wheels to never properly balance...

And also...what is a good brand to buy? And where to buy? I don't have much experience at all with wheel spacers.

I have enclosed a picture for everyone to gag over :rolleyes: lol

wheelgap.jpg

Depends on how far out you want to go. Too much offset and you change the leverage point and increase pressure on the bearings. If you really want to extend them out of the well, I would look at wider rims instead.

Btw, the clear prk lights look good.:cheers: Something you should take a look at for a white car like yours is satin finished metal B pillars. Saw a pic somewhere and do they look great on white.

Yeah these are the rims that were on the car when I got it. I think coming out flush would be an intense spacer...

I may just have to tough it out until I decide to buy new wheels (if i ever do) Thanks for that though I didn't even think of the poor lil' bearings!

Satin B pillars would look good. The black things on either side of the windshield are kinda chipped up, showing a lot of silver... I need to spray them or something...

Aren't the side pillars satin underneath the black? I could just scrape the black off and sand them smooth... but sounds like too big of a project for me.

I'm feeling lazy now.

What are those wheels?

No, don't put spacers on these wheels. Or on your car. You could do an "adapter" type that would bolt on and give you at least an inch. That is the only kind that you could use that would give you enough depth. A regular spacer would give you 1/4", a half inch if you are feeling suicidal. Usually bolt on adapters change bolt patterns, but you can get them 5x4.5 to 5x4.5. But don't. Those wheels aren't that hot looking, not enough to mess with your car's handling and ride. You need lip more than anything.

Oddly enough, I have too much lip on the wheels on my '98 and have to change them again. I let my team put staggered wheels on. Nice on a BMW, not so nice on my LS.

I strongly suggest new wheels. Something deeper. Get them hub-centric. Your car is pretty heavy and can be a little sensitive. You don't have to spend big money, but you should do it right and not mess with the spacers.

Yeah these are the rims that were on the car when I got it. I think coming out flush would be an intense spacer...

I may just have to tough it out until I decide to buy new wheels (if i ever do)

The wheels are some type of Panther Customs (PCW) I was just asking since I was just snowballing the idea around, and not 100% going to do it. I also am not a fan of staggered wheels. I mean they look cool on the right setup, but I personally like to rotate my tires!