Cold Air/ Short Ram Intake

killerFatty

I was wondering if a short ram intake for a 92-95 SC400 would fit my 93 ls400. The motors are the same so i don't see a reason why it wont but i want to be sure before i buy anything. also if anyone knows of any other kits for the LS400 please let me know. I have not been able to find one that is acctually made for the LS400.

http://www.injenairintakes.com/

No, the engine bays should be setup differently. ( or so I've heard )

But the real question you should be asking, is if you want a cold air, or a HOT air intake. All a short ram does is kill your mpg and overall performance by sucking in all the hot air from the engine bay.

If you don't care about a loss in mpg go for it though.

But if you want something TRULY impressive ( to me anyways :D ) I'd recommend doing some cutting and fabbing up a cold air :D I'm going to do this someday if I can ever get the gumption! :D hahahaha

besides...doesn't Injen make one specifically for the LS??? I know they used to a few years ago when I had my 91. I ordered one and it wouldn't fit, so I traded it in for a billet grill :D but the old owners of Injen sold it and started Fujita. Who knows maybe Fujita has one?????

This might help you out man. (also shown to be better than the Injen setup)

JBrady Intake Mod - Club Lexus

but before you start cutting things. Get a piece of that chrome door trim stuff and put it around the edge of the filter. it should be ABOUT 31". and see how you like it. so just incase you DON'T like it you're not kicking yourself in the !Removed! for cutting things up. This is what I did and I was so grateful I didn't cut things up cause I didn't want the +2mpg loss!

Man I guess I'll keep showing off Club Lexus! lol

I love this UCF20 page they have over there

UCF20/21 1995-2000 FAQ

And yes that's my Seafoam DIY in there ;) hahaha

They have info on some intake mods over there. More info than you'll ever need to know! The mod I was recommending to you to do was the "Lexkost" mod.

• 2 weeks later...

K&N lets a TON of dust past the filter and into the engine. I have one but I promptly removed it after I took a look behind it and saw the inside of the intake covered in dust.