Knocking Brake Pads

I've done a little searching around and haven't really found anything too similar to this yet. I got new brake pads, rotors, and calipers a few months ago. Initially I was hearing a loud knock from the wheel well area when I was braking. Didn't seem to affect the braking at all though. I took it back to my mechanic just to make sure it wasn't a big deal. He couldn't figure out what it was so he replaced all the parts with new parts. This fixed the knock for awhile, but now it's back in the passenger front wheel. He told me that he believes the sound is the pad sliding forward and backward in its bracket whenever I push the brake pedal. He assured me that this wasn't affecting the performance of the brakes what so ever, and as I've gone to him with all of my vehicles for the past few years with nothing less than complete satisfaction, I am taking his word on that. The only thing is, this just doesn't seem normal to me (not to mention it's pretty annoying). My brakes didn't do this before I had everything replaced. Has anybody heard of this or know of a quick/easy fix that a novice gear head like myself might be able to do at home? Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Same thing after I replaced the rotors with after-market. Took off wheel to re-check everything & I noticed that the diameter of the lug holes on the rotors are larger than the lugs. Still do not know for sure but I wonder if this "play" could be what is causing the noise.