This Es350 Forum Is Great

Dave_02RX300

While my 1993 ES300 (98k miles) is in the shop for a ton of work, the dealer loaned me a 2007 ES350.

So I thought I would pop over here to this forum.

Jeez, what a difference - you guys are all talking about bluetooth and DVD players, and downloading cell phone books, and windshield tint, and we're over in the ES300 (92-96) forum talking about A/C leaks, brake master cylinders, and how to get new master keys made for the ones we lost.

The 350 loaner car is truly unbelievable. It's so FAST and SMOOTH. And the pushstart button.

Ah, you guys know all that, and it's a great car. I hope they fix my 1993 ES300 soon, so I don't become accustomed to this level of car.

Thanks for listening

-Dave

How long have you owned your ES 300? What exactly is 'a ton' of work?

The Lexus dealer always seems to give me a nicer car than I have when my car goes in..... good marketing ploy!

Do they keep up the unbelievable service when you own an older car? I wondered if I was getting special treatment because I just bought the car, if not that is great news!

(Dear Moderators - if this should go to the ES300 Forum, sorry about that - please move it or delete it - Dave)

Well - since you asked

I have "owned" the ES300 since I drive it back from my Dad's house in IL to CA (he passed away in Jan. and it makes me feel good to own his car since it was his best friend's car before he owned it and so on...) - I just couldn't sell it.

So technically it's been in the family for 10+ years, but under my control for a month.

What is "a ton of work?" - glad you asked. It's low mileage at 98k, 2285 miles was driving from 60202 to 92130.

It had an exhaust leak, and a loud exhaust from the leaks, and a missing pipe of the dual tail pipe - so that whole shebang got replaced (850$)

Oil changed because our records show that was required.

Hood shocks were shot - got new ones so it doesn't close on our heads or hands.

"Brake" light came on and stayed on 2 days after I got it home. Not the parking brake, not the fluid level. It's the reservoir float and electronics.

A/C - blew cold air until 2 days after I got it home - then warm air. Had the system checked for leaks. Found a big leak where they attached the charging unit (it was down to 1/2 pound). Got it home, 1 day later blew warm air. Had it rechecked and found the condenser is shot - so they gotta pull the dashboard out to get to that - this is the big ticket item. It's about 1500$ parts and labor.

So, I'm into it for about 3k$ in fixes, but the transmission seems OK.

I gotta grease the antenna because it looks dicey - doesn't seem to go up more than about a foot - how high is it supposed to go?

Brakes and pad are good - I have records of that maintenance.

It's not like the ES350 loaner -but it's not 35-40k$ either.

2nd best thing about it: 27MPG at 75MPH on the highway.