Reman Ac Compressor Bad?

whyrualive

I had a local mechanic install a remanufactured Nippon Denso (10PA20C with 6 grooves) compressor on my R134A AC System. The AC worked fine before, but the compressor was really loud. After the mechanic 'fixed' it, it worked for about 10 days. It started blowing seals at the condensor. They replaced the seals and a day later my AC blows hot again (but was cold when I left the shop). Now the mechanic says that the compressor is bad because the clutch engages and the low side and high side pressure is 150 PSI. Does that sound right? Should the low side pressure be that high if the compressor is broken? Shouldn't the low side pressure be around 40 PSI. Why would the whole system be at 150 PSI?

The mechanic is correct.

I had the same problem with an out-of-the-box rebuilt compresor. Both high and low sides were reading the same. There should be a pressure differential between the high and low side with the compressor running.

i got my compressor on ebay from klk parts...260 dollars with pad oil and drier and shipping and handling and they are lifetime warranty! had mine on now for a week and its at 38 degrees f !!!!! pm me if u would like more ifo