Help With My Celsior?

hipertekspeed

The U.S. specification 90-92 LS400 has two metal tabs - one on each side - where the lower leading edge of the seat cushion meets the carpet. Pulling the tabs allow the front of the seat cushion to be popped up and the seat cushion pulled forward and removed. On a U.S. model, it is then obvisious how to remove the hardware that holds the rear seat back in place.

Your Celsior may be different - especially if it has a rear power seat where the lower seat back is connected to the seat cushion. If it does you might try sliding the seat all the way forward, lean down and try to see how the seat cushion is connected to the tracks the cushion slides forward on. I've only seen your question asked once on one of the U.S. Lexus forums and the person who asked it did not re-post to tell if he was successful in removing the rear seat or, if so, how he did it.

You might try posing your question on a NZ/Australia or UK forum where there are a lot more Celsior owners or just ask someone locally in Japan.

The U.S. specification 90-92 LS400 has two metal tabs - one on each side - where the lower leading edge of the seat cushion meets the carpet. Pulling the tabs allow the front of the seat cushion to be popped up and the seat cushion pulled forward and removed. On a U.S. model, it is then obvisious how to remove the hardware that holds the rear seat back in place.

Your Celsior may be different - especially if it has a rear power seat where the lower seat back is connected to the seat cushion. If it does you might try sliding the seat all the way forward, lean down and try to see how the seat cushion is connected to the tracks the cushion slides forward on. I've only seen your question asked once on one of the U.S. Lexus forums and the person who asked it did not re-post to tell if he was successful in removing the rear seat or, if so, how he did it.

You might try posing your question on a NZ/Australia or UK forum where there are a lot more Celsior owners or just ask someone locally in Japan.

thanks man, i'll give it a try and let you know. I wont be able to work on the car until next weekend.