Do You Wax Your Car?

I have a Matador "HOT" red and it's shining :) But I see in old cars (with dark color like mine) their paint looks fading. I'd like to prevent it. I want my car to look just like it is now for a long long time.

Now a simple question. Do you guys wax your car? People around me don't really wax their cars other than going through the car wash and add their liquid "wax". Then some ppl say the car already got a clear coat on it so you don't really need to wax it.

Is that true?

Should I wax my car still?

If so, any suggestion on what kind of wax to use?

I have a Matador "HOT" red and it's shining :) But I see in old cars (with dark color like mine) their paint looks fading. I'd like to prevent it. I want my car to look just like it is now for a long long time.

Now a simple question. Do you guys wax your car? People around me don't really wax their cars other than going through the car wash and add their liquid "wax". Then some ppl say the car already got a clear coat on it so you don't really need to wax it.

Is that true?

Should I wax my car still?

If so, any suggestion on what kind of wax to use?

Gotta wax it or have it waxed - always looks brand new when finished. The car wash wax will not protect the finish like a good hand wax with a quality product.

Zaino > Wax

This is why you need to read through the detailing forum on here. This is not always true.

I for instance do not like Zaino.

It has always been true in the experience of myself and many others, even if some people feel otherwise :P

There's a decent list of factual scientific reasons Zaino > Wax from a longevity and protectorant perspective as well... from an aesthetic perspective it's more an opinion thing

Zaino generally beats NXT in the testing I've seen as well FWIW

Read up, and decide what you want to try and then try it. If you don't like it, try something else. Everyone has their own preferences. The basic thing is that you want to protect your car and put in the amount of work or money that suits you.

Zaino > Wax

This is why you need to read through the detailing forum on here. This is not always true.

I for instance do not like Zaino.

It has always been true in the experience of myself and many others, even if some people feel otherwise :P

There's a decent list of factual scientific reasons Zaino > Wax from a longevity and protectorant perspective as well... from an aesthetic perspective it's more an opinion thing

Zaino generally beats NXT in the testing I've seen as well FWIW

I'm not going to get into a Zaino argument, but people who push Zaino have a tendancy to dismiss people who don't believe its the best thing ever invented as not knowing what they're talking about. Thats not true, many people don't care for Zaino. I used it for years and while its a good product and is very long lasting I don't like the look on dark cars, and I don't like the fact that you can't use products with blemish-hiding properties underneath it, and if you wash and wax your vehicle regularly the longevity isn't really much of an issue.

Zaino's good, but there are a lot of other products out there which are good as well.

I use Blackfire products on my '06 IS250 (Mystic Gold) and my car has quite a shine. Washing it is a breeze because dirt and bird !Removed! don't stick.

I got my products from Classic Motoring Accessories. They also have an extensive library on detailing. Below is their website link.

properautocare.com B)

I use the Zaino Z2 Pro product with the ZFX Accelerator and love it. It's true that some people don't care for it but I think that's true for just about any product on the market. It's a lot of work to do it right with Zaino but I think the results are fantastic. My IS250 is Smoky Granite color and looks like it's wet due to the shine.