$$ For New Ecm? 95 Sc400

It looks like I may have to replace my ECM, any idea on cost?

Thanks

I haven't purchased one, but when I was checking around, I saw www.autocomputerexchange.com had a rebuilt one for $295.

Thanks for the website. I always need to know my options before a visit to a $$Lexus$$ dealer.They are the only ones who will tackle the "electronics", and in Canada I think they double the prices!

• 1 month later...

Thanks

I haven't purchased one, but when I was checking around, I saw www.autocomputerexchange.com had a rebuilt one for $295.

Thanks for the website. I always need to know my options before a visit to a $$Lexus$$ dealer.They are the only ones who will tackle the "electronics", and in Canada I think they double the prices!

www.autocomputerexchange.com is a great place for an ECM. Replaced mine a year ago through them. You send them yours, and they send you a rebuilt. The $295 includes next day shipping from them. You can actually install it yourself (just unplug the old and plag in the new). It is located under the carpet where the passenger puts their feet - need to rmove the trim panel under the clove box - will save you big money ($1,200 for ECM and another $300 for labor). And if you need tech support these guys are on the phone, walking you through it. Better waranty than a dealership.

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks

www.autocomputerexchange.com is a great place for an ECM. Replaced mine a year ago through them. You send them yours, and they send you a rebuilt. The $295 includes next day shipping from them. You can actually install it yourself (just unplug the old and plag in the new). It is located under the carpet where the passenger puts their feet - need to rmove the trim panel under the clove box - will save you big money ($1,200 for ECM and another $300 for labor). And if you need tech support these guys are on the phone, walking you through it. Better waranty than a dealership.

Cheers,

Greg

Just curious, what kind of symptoms were you having on your SC400 that was fixed with the ECU?

my brother had to change his ecu on his 95 LS400. he had a hesitation when accelerating and sometimes the car would die as he came to a stop. after he changed the ecu it ran perfectly. i think he got a rebuild for $350 or so.