Vsc Indicator Light

Hi. I am new to Lexus, as well as this forum thing, so please forgive me if I stumble over protocol. I just bought a 2003 RX300 with 53,000 from a reputable used car dealer in Virginia. I drove it home to NYC, all the while the VSC light was on. Truthfully, I did not think it was a problem, but a feature of the car. There are no other lights, buzzers or bells. Just the VSC light. I tried popping the fuse for a minute, then started it, and it is still on. I have extended warranty, but if this is a simple thing, I would like to do it myself...or do I need to take a ride back to Virginia?

Thank you

Simple thing...

NOT...!!

There are two sensors unique to the VSC system, the stearing wheel rotational position sensor and the yaw sensor (lateral acceleration sensor).

There is a calibration procedure the dealer can perform that might clear up your problem.

By any chance is the stearing wheel off-center when/even traveling STRAIGHT down the road..??

Simple thing...

NOT...!!

There are two sensors unique to the VSC system, the stearing wheel rotational position sensor and the yaw sensor (lateral acceleration sensor).

There is a calibration procedure the dealer can perform that might clear up your problem.

By any chance is the stearing wheel off-center when/even traveling STRAIGHT down the road..??

Simple thing...

NOT...!!

Thank you. No the car tracks true, wheel is straight. If I go to an AutoZone, can they either tell me or reset the light? I just find it hard to believe that it needs anything just yet.

Simple thing...

NOT...!!

Thank you. No the car tracks true, wheel is straight. If I go to an AutoZone, can they either tell me or reset the light?

I just find it hard to believe that it needs anything just yet.

But there is no way for you to know what the dealer did to "fix" the car, or attempt a fix that "tilted" the VSC system.

For instance if the stearing wheel is turned while the battery is disconnected the stearing wheel position sensor signal might now be erroneous.