Removal Of Air Tube On 2nd Generation Ls400?

AZ Mike

I would like to clean the throttle body on my '99 LS400. After looking at the lexls "how to", I realize that my airtube and location of the throttle body are completely different than the 1st generation LS. There is a large "rectangular-ish" attachment to the airtube that extends out parallel to the passenger side valve cover. Is it all one piece and all come out, or does that piece separate from the primary airtube? Anyone with any tips or photos? Thanks in advance.

One other question: the radiator fill is just above and to the passenger side of the throttle body, right? Torx head 10 mm?

OK....it was quite simple. Disconnect 3 hoses and 2 bolts on the rectangular portion of airtube, and it all comes out easily.

Shockingly, there was very little carbon buildup on the throttle body; even the backside of the butterfly valve. A few sprays of throttle body cleaner, a toothbrush, wipe with a rag, and it was done. It was so clean, I saw no need to remove the throttle body.