O2 Sensors

had to replace an O2 sensor at 51K on my 01 GS300. now at 90K, another one is bad. what do they do and do i have to replace it? dont want to spend $500 the dealer rips me for something i dont need.

also, any way to get the check engine light to go off? thx for any help

for the most part they help regulate your emissions but they will affect your gas mileage if they are bad! did u use oem ones whenu replaced it at 50k? yeah u can use a o2 simulator and have the code scaned out or u can fix it and it will go away!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

Don't waste your money at the dealer. Changing your 02 sensors is just like changing a very expensive light bulb. You can order replacement sensors from rockauto.com (pm if you want a 5% off coupon code) I suggest you stick with denso as far as the brand goes. If you can post your codes that you're getting I can probably direct you to a tutorial that shows you how to change them.

i wouldnt suggest the dealer either, but dont aftremarket o2 sensors act funny on our cars? thought i had heard they still would pop a check engine light!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

i wouldnt suggest the dealer either, but dont aftremarket o2 sensors act funny on our cars? thought i had heard they still would pop a check engine light!

brian

denso is the OEM manufacturer, I hear people saying avoid bosch so I did. I usually stick with an OEM manufacturer where possible.

brian

denso is the OEM manufacturer, I hear people saying avoid bosch so I did. I usually stick with an OEM manufacturer where possible.

I just had a sensor go bad - bank 1, sensor 2. Ordered the O2 from Rock Auto - Denso P/N 234-4622 which showed for forward lower. The wiring harness is no where near long enough - about 14" shy - at least on an 03 GS300. Anyone else run across this problem?