1994 Ls400 Instrument Cluster (speedometer)

alex183h

hi guys i recently bought a 1994 ls400.

my speedometer does not work. i was wondering what years fit the 1994 ls400(parts).

does it go 1990-1994 or just 1993-1994 for this specific part. thanks.

Hi and welcome to LOC sorry for the late reply been on vacation.

The instrument housing will need to be for a series 2 (1993-1994) LS400 as the 1990-1992 are different but before you replace it check the speedo pickup on the transmission as this may be the problem.

If it is the instrument pod there are many repairers who may be able to sort your own pod have a look on Ebay.

hi guys i recently bought a 1994 ls400.

my speedometer does not work. i was wondering what years fit the 1994 ls400(parts).

does it go 1990-1994 or just 1993-1994 for this specific part. thanks.

Hi and welcome to LOC sorry for the late reply been on vacation.

The instrument housing will need to be for a series 2 (1993-1994) LS400 as the 1990-1992 are different but before you replace it check the speedo pickup on the transmission as this may be the problem.

If it is the instrument pod there are many repairers who may be able to sort your own pod have a look on Ebay.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Did the speedo pickup fix your speedometer problem? I have a bad speedo needle, doesnt work, always way below zero, just wondering if you found a fix for this.

Generally most issues associated with the instrument cluster have to do with the capacitors failing. Replace all the capacitors on the instrument cluster and it should fix the issue. Also read this thread:http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40025 and search online for LS400 Instrument cluster or gauge cluster issues. This is a very very common issue with these vehicles and there are a lot of write ups discussing this. In the case of your speedometer, does it work better in hot/warm weather?