Car Dies After Letting Off The Gas, Plz Help

It just started happening today. Its been very hot outside, currently its 97. This is my moms car and it doesn't want to stay running. It starts up, I give it gas and it stays on, but when I let off the gas completely the car just dies. I recorded a sound clip. Please help me!

http://media.putfile.com/1999-lexus-es300

Its a 1999 ES300

:(

It could be numerous things... the Idle Control Valve (ICV or IACV), it could be the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor, it could be a fuel delivery system failure... there are a lot of different things that can give you similar symptoms. If you can start the car, feather the gas to keep it running, and then after a few minutes it will finally idle smoothly on it's own, I would then say the ICV is the first place to look. If not, then the problem probably lies somewhere else.

Good luck.

It could be numerous things... the Idle Control Valve (ICV or IACV), it could be the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor, it could be a fuel delivery system failure... there are a lot of different things that can give you similar symptoms. If you can start the car, feather the gas to keep it running, and then after a few minutes it will finally idle smoothly on it's own, I would then say the ICV is the first place to look. If not, then the problem probably lies somewhere else.

Good luck.

Give a good visual check on all vac hoses, especially the underside, look for split, cracking hoses. Don't forget the PVC valve. Once you verified they are fine, then I would start looking at the IACv.

Is it called a idle air control valve or idle air control motor?

?\My sons 1992 Lexus es 300 is doing the same thing. I've read you can clean them and that helps a lot of the time because they are expensive to replace. I called Lexus today (of course thats the highest place!) and it was going to be over $500. Could someone send me a link or a picture so that I know exactly where its located.

I have the same problem now. Sometimes it starts up like a champ and sometimes you have to put a little gas so that it can stay on, until it warms up. I thing I just need to get my fuel injectors flushed..

Is it called a idle air control valve or idle air control motor?

?\My sons 1992 Lexus es 300 is doing the same thing. I've read you can clean them and that helps a lot of the time because they are expensive to replace. I called Lexus today (of course thats the highest place!) and it was going to be over $500. Could someone send me a link or a picture so that I know exactly where its located.

The IACV is under the two large black hoses that feed the air into the intake manifold. It is very easy to see. I just paid $216 for the part an $59 for installation. I got the part from partsamerica.com. I had it cleaned but the problem came back in about 2 months. I suggest replacement.