Wheels Rubbing

92'SC400

I have a set of Ruff Racing wheels staggerd 18 x 8.5(front) 18 x 9.5(rear) and the rear tires rub the fenders when i turn too hard, go over a speed bump, or even hit a small dip in the road and it rubs even more if someone sits in the back seat. Are these rims too wide do i need to roll out the fenders or do i need new suspension? Thanks for the input in advance.

I have a set of Ruff Racing wheels staggerd 18 x 8.5(front) 18 x 9.5(rear) and the rear tires rub the fenders when i turn too hard, go over a speed bump, or even hit a small dip in the road and it rubs even more if someone sits in the back seat. Are these rims too wide do i need to roll out the fenders or do i need new suspension? Thanks for the input in advance.

Hi, I do Not Have an answer, but are in the planning stage of purchasing the RUFF RACING WHEELS and was wandering beside the tire rubbing, How do they Look and any problems with vibrations? Do You Have Pictures with the Rims?What size, 20"s,What is your off-set I have a GS400?

If the suspension interference were not a factor a different wheel offset could be used to move the wheel "inward" and thereby avoid the rubbing.

But moving the suspension components, rear strut and spring, is NOT a simple task.

If the suspension interference were not a factor a different wheel offset could be used to move the wheel "inward" and thereby avoid the rubbing.

But moving the suspension components, rear strut and spring, is NOT a simple task.

What i meant by new suspension was, do i need new struts meaning they are too weak and letting the car bottom out on the fender.......

What i meant by new suspension was, do i need new struts meaning they are too weak and letting the car bottom out on the fender.......

High performance struts/shocks, typically, do not reduce the rate at which the wheel "retracts" due to roadbed "obstructions", only the "return" rate. The wheel/tire MUST be able to move quickly away from high points, obstructions, in the roadway or......

• 2 months later...