Acura Mdx

blake918

The other day I went down to New Orleans to visit my parents, and I went with my father to pickup a new MDX. What a nice car!!! I forget about Acura, and that they make some excellent cars. He bought a MDX with the tech package with the power liftgate; msrp was $45,400--paid $41,600 which is a good price according to the Acura forums. The interior materials are excellent, and the whole car is very well built and solid. The 5.1 surround sound sound stereo is just unreal. I've never heard anything so clear especially when you pop in DVD-A discs. And oh my God, the nav works while the car is in motion!!!! The knob that controls the nav screen works well and is easy to get used to, and the voice commands work well too. It steers and handles remarkably well for a 4500lb SUV, but the ride is smooth. The seats are comfortable and very supportive, and there is enough head and legroom for me to get comfortable (and I'm 6'4"). Really, the only negatives I've found were that the V6 will only get a little over 20mpg on the hwy, and the back-up camera looks like a cheap, tacky afterthought. I'll note that the third row in this car is very small, but I think that's to be expected in a car this size (I think you need to buy a minivan or a Suburban/Expe EL if you really want a good third row.). The pearl white looks great too. We drove about an hour to Acura of Baton Rouge since Walker Acura in New Orleans SUCKS and should be avoided at all costs. I'd give this car an A rating, and recommend it to anyone!

The only other car they looked at was the GMC Acadia, but my parents liked the MDX a lot better. The GMC did have a way cool heads up display though!! He traded in a well used (translation: beat up POS!) '99 Suburban LT with 142k miles for $1,500. LOL He bought the Suburban new, and it was mostly trouble (especially the transmission. Rebuilt 3x.) over the 10 years he drove it.

8 miles at delivery...

gallery_1461_527_67987.jpg

gallery_1461_527_13130.jpg

gallery_1461_527_51686.jpg

gallery_1461_527_78390.jpg

LED Tailights

gallery_1461_527_19793.jpg

The xenon lights are pretty good, cutoff is excellent; I think they could be aimed a little higher though.

gallery_1461_527_90562.jpg

Very nice. Only 8 miles when you guys got it? wow. lol.

(Taken while I drove a Non-PDI'd vehicle... Too bad I didnt have a camera when I drove one that actually had ZERO miles on the Odo lol)

DSC07025.jpg