Where Is The Other End ?

Alright, I investigated why my goddamn third brake light wasn't working, and I found this !

post-66936-1212462887_thumb.jpg

Now does anybaody have any idea where is the rest of this cable ????

Where does it come from ???

Thx a lot for the answer(s)

26 views and not one answer... nobody knows what's down there ?

OK, the wire snapped off from the main wire bundle. If you look to the right of the right trunk strut, you will see a black bundle of wires wrapped together in black "tape" running down the right side. The photo you have showing the wire dangling pulled away from that main wire bundle.

Peel apart the wire protector and look for the cut wire in the main wire bundle. I crawled into my trunk so that I didn't have to hurt my back. Hope this info helps. My SC400 was the same way. Once I spliced the wires back together, my third brake light was back in business. When you do get the wires spliced back together, consider rerouting the wires for a looser run so that it doesn't happen again, otherwise everytime you open and close the trunk the wires are pulling apart.

26 views and not one answer... nobody knows what's down there ?

OK, the wire snapped off from the main wire bundle. If you look to the right of the right trunk strut, you will see a black bundle of wires wrapped together in black "tape" running down the right side. The photo you have showing the wire dangling pulled away from that main wire bundle.

Peel apart the wire protector and look for the cut wire in the main wire bundle. I crawled into my trunk so that I didn't have to hurt my back. Hope this info helps. My SC400 was the same way. Once I spliced the wires back together, my third brake light was back in business. When you do get the wires spliced back together, consider rerouting the wires for a looser run so that it doesn't happen again, otherwise everytime you open and close the trunk the wires are pulling apart.

Thank you, I'll have a closer look at it this morning