Differential Gear Oil Change.

VBdenny

Just as I was getting ready to change the differential gear oil in my 90 LS, I read that you are suppose to change the gaskets on the plugs when you do this. I have never replaced them in any other cars I have done and the gear oil on this car was (supposidly) changed at a Lexus dealer 4 years ago. I decided to change it and use Mobil 1 75w-90 which I have in stock.

I figured I would go ahead and change it and IF it leaks, I'll just change it again after I get the washers at Toytota.

Suggestions and experiences are welcome.

• 1 month later...

Just as I was getting ready to change the differential gear oil in my 90 LS, I read that you are suppose to change the gaskets on the plugs when you do this. I have never replaced them in any other cars I have done and the gear oil on this car was (supposidly) changed at a Lexus dealer 4 years ago. I decided to change it and use Mobil 1 75w-90 which I have in stock.

I figured I would go ahead and change it and IF it leaks, I'll just change it again after I get the washers at Toytota.

Suggestions and experiences are welcome.

I have an 01 RX 300. Just had my mechanic change it at 64,000 and used M1 75w 90 too. Didn't touch the gaskets and everything is fine at 67,000.