Dot3 Versus Dot4 Brake Fluid

ls400_1999

Folks,

Today, I did brake flushes for all my cars (Benz S500 2000 , Porsche Boxster 1999, Honda Accord 2003, Lexus LS400 1999). I used DOT4 ATE Super Blue for all the cars using the Motive power bleeder. When I am done, I just realize that the Lexus LS400 use DOT 3 fluid as indicated on the cap! (The other 3 care all DOT4) I am kind of embarassing about not reading what is one the cap :-( I was kind of trying to finish the job and I thought all modern cars will use the same fluid. So the big question is can I use DOT4 fluid on the 1999 LS400 Lexus? Any expert out there can give some advices? Please? If not what do I do now? Re-flush with DOT3 ?

Thank a lot.

Tony

Folks,

Today, I did brake flushes for all my cars (Benz S500 2000 , Porsche Boxster 1999, Honda Accord 2003, Lexus LS400 1999).

Tony

Interesting assortment of vehicles you have. It's always insightfull to get real world commentary. Since you have essentially a long term basis for comparison, what has your experience been with these cars? How would you rate them against each other?