New Owner Of 2005 Es330

Hello all,

Just bought a 2005 ES330 with 36,000 miles in May 2008. Previous owner used a mid-grade fuel. Need help?

Question: Can I use 87 octance fuel and combine a fuel booster when I fill up. If so, what ratio of ounces of booster to gallons of gas?

What are the Pros and Cons of this idea?

Thanks for you advice?

Moondog

Yeah you can use 87, knock sensors will detect pre-ignition and !Removed! the timing resulting in lower efficiency and power. Some say they can't notice. Others can.

I personally would do what is factory recommended.

Oh and octane boosters are scams!

You could spend your money on octane boosters or you could give me your money for magic pixie dust... they both do the same thing... Spend the extra $$$ on the gas, i mean afterall you spend a lil extra getting a lexus instead of a corolla(which i just purchased and plant to drive all out of this summer) why cheap out now.

I normally use regular in both of mine. On a trip recently I tried premium in the 2005 ES330, found I got about 6% improvement in gas mileage, other than that no difference. I haven't ben able to find enough gas without ethanol to determine if it would make a difference. I've heard that 15% ethanol could reduce gas mileage by 10%.

dave t

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all,

Just bought a 2005 ES330 with 36,000 miles in May 2008. Previous owner used a mid-grade fuel. Need help?

Question: Can I use 87 octance fuel and combine a fuel booster when I fill up. If so, what ratio of ounces of booster to gallons of gas?

What are the Pros and Cons of this idea?

Thanks for you advice?

Moondog

I started with the cheap stuff and always had an issue with what appeared to be the transmission stalling. This is a known issue that you can read about at this site. When I changed to the high octane, one time just to try it, the problem went away and I had completely smooth accelleration. I also get better milage, and with the prices today it only costs about 20 cents more a gallon which is about 5% more for 6%, as someone stated, better milage.