Spark Plug And Wire Change 02 Gs300

I was quoted a price of $680 for a spark plug, wires, and coil boots. This does not include coil packs. This seems like a rip off. What should I expect to pay for this?

Large majority of this price is probably labor. Use the Search Function in this forum and you will find tons of information as well as prices (some appropriate, some not so) we have been quoted for this type of service. Most of us DIY when it comes to spark plugs.

It has 118k on it. The only thing being replaced are the plugs, wires, coil boots. The coil pack are not included in the price. That would be $300 more dollars on top of that. They seem easily accesible so I don't think it would be that hard to do them myself for about $135 in parts. I don't think it requires any special tools, just an average spark plug tool that come in a tool set right?

or you could just take it to another shop with more reasonable pricing and have the work done if you're not too sure about doing it yourself.... $680 sounds like a timing belt job not a spark plug job. The plugs alone should not cost more than $60 on average if you're using OEM recommended plugs and unless one is damaged why are you changing the coil packs? There is a DYI guide on clublexus.com if you want some visual aids on doing the job yourself. It list tools needed and can be very useful if you're not too sure where to start. Goodluck.