Gas Milage?

spiller91ls

This last sunday I went and shoot a match in Pheonix, AZ. Trip from Silver City NM to Pheonix was 262.8 miles, and round trip was 528.1 miles. Did this on one tank of gas, total gas used was 20.173 gallons. This works out to 26.178 mpg. by the way it took me 3.5 hours to go the first 262.8 miles, that includes slowing down tru Duncan, Safford, Bylass, Globe, Superior, all in arizona.

24 MPG is a good an honorable rate. I believe the EPA mpg is 22 or 23 mpg highway (right?), and I believe it's not all that often that you achieve greater than the EPA rate.

With California's oxygenated gas, I get about 23 mpg driving 90% @65 mph highway and 10% @35 mph through towns.

If you haven't already, you should definitely check your air filter.

I get the feeling that I actually get better mileage at 75-80 mph than 60-65 mph, but I don't have hard numbers since I don't do 75-80 on a regular basis. Anyone else feel like this?

Joe

Spiller, the numbers are correct. I get the same milage 26.1 on highway 70-80 mph. I don't go the whole 20 gallons though. I zero at every fill-up & next time I fill up I just note the gallons. I usually fill-up right when the light comes up & it's 18 gallons.

470miles/18 gallons=26.1 ( strictly highway )

390miles/18 gallons=22.0 (mix)

360miles/18 gallons=20 (all city) it's a small city with very little congestion.

Cheers.

Jay