Dashboard Backlighting

Robertson

I recently bought a beautiful 2002 SC430. I noticed the backlighting on the dash was rather dim, even at night, and during the day it is nonexistent. I have an RX330 and the backlighting on the tach and speedo are brilliant even in full sun. The dealer said there was no problem, so I'm wondering if this is typical of the SC, or is the dealer just lazy??

• 1 month later...
I recently bought a beautiful 2002 SC430. I noticed the backlighting on the dash was rather dim, even at night, and during the day it is nonexistent. I have an RX330 and the backlighting on the tach and speedo are brilliant even in full sun. The dealer said there was no problem, so I'm wondering if this is typical of the SC, or is the dealer just lazy??

I have a 2002 and have the same problem, The tach of all lexus are Elctroluminecent, but my is dim, but all the radio and A/c controls are bright, Im considering a used tach and maybe this will fix the problem.

• 3 months later...

I have a 2002 and have the same problem, The tach of all lexus are Elctroluminecent, but my is dim, but all the radio and A/c controls are bright, Im considering a used tach and maybe this will fix the problem.

Mine too, but it came like that =l

• 2 months later...