2000 Rx300 Knock Sensor And Transmission Shifting Troubles

shad9876

I am having a prolem that appears to be fairly common with the RX300's(no overdrive and codes indicating knock sensor problems). I have found alot of information, including part numbers for the 1999 models but not so much for the 2000. I believe that Lexus changed the knock sensors on the 2000 models, but am not positive.

I am looking for the part number for the following parts:

knock sensors

knock sensor wiring harness

by-pass hose

also, does the harness need to be replaced on the 2000-up models or only the '99?

Thanks,

Shad

Thank you for the reply and the link. I have read it and it is very informative and helpful, but the part numbers listed are for the 99 model. I believe that Lexus changed the sensor in the 2000-up models. Do you know where I can find the part numbers for the 2000-up?

89615-12090

Great!

Do you know if I need to replace the harness as well or was the harness only a problem on the 99 models?

If I do need to replace it, do you know if it is the same part number for the 99-00 models(82219-07010)?

Thanks

think of replacing the harness as insurance. the wire gets really hot and aged. the insulation gets brittle. It is cheaper than removing the intake the second time....

think of replacing the harness as insurance. the wire gets really hot and aged. the insulation gets brittle. It is cheaper than removing the intake the second time....

You cannot successfully upgrade from a "resonant" type knock sensor with the newer linear non-resonant type, absent changing the engine ECU also. Is it possible that the knock sensor is triggering because of low fuel pressure due to fuel filter or pump..??