Lake Lexus

Hey guys,

Yesterday I parked my car out in the open during a rainstorm. We got over 4" in less than 2hrs. When I got into the car to drive home, I noticed both sides of the narrow headliner area were soaked and water was pouring out. The sunroof was fully closed, but mine seems to sit lower than the metal frame. I have two questions, can I shim up the glass with some metal washers? Also what is the best way to dry the interior headliner? Should i just go crack the glass and leave the windows cracked? It was raining too much last evening to get out there and really soak up the water.

Hey guys,

Yesterday I parked my car out in the open during a rainstorm. We got over 4" in less than 2hrs. When I got into the car to drive home, I noticed both sides of the narrow headliner area were soaked and water was pouring out. The sunroof was fully closed, but mine seems to sit lower than the metal frame. I have two questions, can I shim up the glass with some metal washers? Also what is the best way to dry the interior headliner? Should i just go crack the glass and leave the windows cracked? It was raining too much last evening to get out there and really soak up the water.

Considering we are all (those of us in LA, MS, and AL) going through the second flood today and tomorrow, I hope you've got your car garaged or covered with a tarp. I'd use a shop vac to suck up as much water as you can then air it out as long as you can. Everything in the car will mildew in our humidity if you don't get it completely dry. Just hope the water doesn't wick into the electronics.

Boy, that's a gloomy piece of helpful advice. Sorry.

I can't say from experience whether the roof panel needs adjustment. It sounds like it isn't right in the track so it isn't sealing properly. Has it always sat low in the frame or is this a new event? Has it ever leaked before? It may be more than drains, but that's a good place to start.

I do have it in the parking garage in the basement of the building :o I went at lunch and cracked the windows and the sunroof slightly. I have been taking a towel and trying to blot up the water seeping out of the headliner. The glass has always sat low as long as I have had the car. I did see a little bit of dirt in the right front drain, but I am thinking that made it's way during the great flood.

One way to avoid plugged drains is to keep the sunroof closed

when driving through dusty construction sites, or downtown

on windy days, etc. You wind up collecting seeds and road debris

in the tracks that eventually gets washed down the drains and

can plug them up.

Just a sidenote: I was coming up to a really

dusty building site, a city bus was ahead of me and kicked up

enough dust that I couldn't see the bus on the other side once

it went through. I slowed down in the right lane to close all my

windows and put the blower on recycle when this guy in a shiny

Boxer convertible with the top down and wearing a white shirt

and tie just zoomed right by me in the center lane. He disappeared