Looking For 2002 Sc430

Mi-foodie

I am considering buying an SC430 in the spring and must get a used car (can't spring for a new one). Any comments on the following questions?

Do you have any good tips on how to get the best price?

I see a lot of Pre-owner cars for sale outside my area. Is it hard to deal that way and then get it shipped?

How much do 'normal' tires cost in case I need to replace run flats?

Sounds like they run without problems - should I be concerned about mileage? I usually keep cars until they drop and plan to keep the SC430 a long time.

1. The best price - haggle and get good at it. I still haven't mastered this. I've found better deals with personal loans lately. But everyone is different. You'll have to figure out what works for you.

2. No. I always do that. Or I fly out and drive it home. Or I drive out and drive it home. I've actually only shipped once - but I'll do it again. Not a bad experience.

3. Depends. 200 to 500+$

4. I wouldn't really worry about mileage. Although something to always keep in mind is that things with more bells and whistles (and this car has lots) offer more opportunity with problems. But as we engineers always say - "If it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough options!"

Enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a 2002 from a local dealer after checking ebay listings. E-bay did have significantly lower prices but I felt a little insecure committing to that. I could not see any real pattern in pricing with dealers. Cars with same millage seemed to differ in price based only on colors. Anyway, spring will fetch higher prices for sure rather than buying in January, if you can. I did not see much price reduction when 2004 starting to ship.

Prices for replacement tires are between $200 and $350 by my experience.

Velocity

EBAY will net you the lowest price AND I would certainly use a inspection service before making a leg bid. If you call the dealers on EBAY they will normally neg. a buy it now price.

I just got a 2002 SC430 3 weeks ago, I found it on Autotrader.com. I got it from a Lexus dealer, certified 100k warranty. It was $51,000 but I talked them down to 48k with 18k, like new. It's Pearl White with Saddle Interior. I love the car, it drives like a dream, I get alot of compliments on it. I'll post some pictures later this week. I didn't like the stock rims, so I got these:

7416004K4.JPG

If anyone is looking for stock SC430 rims I'll sell mine for $200.00 plus shipping.

as for buying tips, check ebay daily, great deals, as well as AutoTrader.com. Try to buy certified, they give you the car like new plus warranty for 3 years 100k miles.