Stereo Part Needed

TonyNZ

Hi, I am hoping that someone may have a part for a factory stereo.

I need a replacement Switch/Volume control and am unable to locate one in here new Zealand.

If anybody has one they could send me I would be most apreciative.

This a picture of the part from a 97 LS400. Factory Pioneer Stereo.

switch.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've had pretty good luck searching for Pioneer parts on the web by part number. Good luck, as it looks a bit unusual. Is it the on\off switch or the volume control (pot probably) that is bad? The other approach is to see if some generic switch / pot might be installed into the asembly.

I've had pretty good luck searching for Pioneer parts on the web by part number. Good luck, as it looks a bit unusual. Is it the on\off switch or the volume control (pot probably) that is bad? The other approach is to see if some generic switch / pot might be installed into the asembly.

Hi Robert, Thanks for your ideas. You are quite correct, it is the volume control pot that is faulty, the problem is it is not a standard type variable resistor but is a constant turn type of pot and I have not been able to find anything generic that will work in its place.

I have tried Pioneer on the net but they will not deal with me outside of the US.

I have a known good one out of a 1994 unit, the pot is exactly the same but the PCB is different.

If you can solder/unsolder there are 5 terminals on the pot,unsolder the old one and replace with this one, I will remove the pot from this pcb and send it to you for the postage cost.

I will also send you some solder braid to remove your old one.

If you are not confident at soldering I would suggest getting a local TV repair shop to do it for you or you may damage the print.

Cheers,

Steve

post-26370-1211307755_thumb.jpg

I have a known good one out of a 1994 unit, the pot is exactly the same but the PCB is different.

If you can solder/unsolder there are 5 terminals on the pot,unsolder the old one and replace with this one, I will remove the pot from this pcb and send it to you for the postage cost.

I will also send you some solder braid to remove your old one.

If you are not confident at soldering I would suggest getting a local TV repair shop to do it for you or you may damage the print.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your kind offer, I would be most greatfull if you can send me the volume pot you have.

Please let me know how I can pay you for the postage.

Cheers

Tony