Gas Mpg Ls460

We had our new LS 460 for a couple of months . Very nice. On a trip we drove though WY ,dead flat and no wind so I took a pic of the dash. 1800 RPM, 78MPH and 35.3 MPG!!. That's a nice. Pics a bit rough but at 80 I didn't take time to get a could shot.

I found gas millage a lot depending on where you buy the gas. 10% ethanol knocks off about 10% or more mpg. Our government burns food to give us rotten alternate fuel. The state we live in grows corn and they mandated it. Now a few of the politicians are saying whoops.

A bit late fellows. They have built Ethanol plants are over the place and are now having a ground water supply problem.

I've also tried using lower grade and cheaper gas like Reg. Didn't work. Gas millage dropped so low it cost more per mile then the Prem you are told to use.

On our trip the free 5000 mile warranty oil change came up so we stopped at the Lexus Dealer in Col Springs. Good service and nice folks.

Only thing I don't like about the car is the seats. Poor Lumbar support and the base seat is only 11.5" wide. Our Highlander has more comfortable seats.

I have seen notes about wind noise on last years 460. So I rolled down the window at 80MPH. Uh, don't try this at home. Talk about noise and the window would not reseal until I slowed way down to about 50. Thin all was fine again. Super quiet and the best touring car we have ever owned. So far zero defects. post-13555-1209670801_thumb.jpg