Replacing Pump On 92 Sc400

How do I replace the Fuel Pump?

I've been having nothing but problems with this car, when I spent all the money to have the starter replaced it worked for a day before coolant started spraying all over the left side(when facing the car) of the engine. Then the car wouldn't start, seems like it's a fuel problem. I checked the relay and that's not the problem, so I order a fuel pump from ebay, but it didn't come with the sock so I got that from a local discount auto. I actually can't do much mechanical work myself so I have a friend coming to do it, I just wanted to prep the car for him, and I wanna know if I should jack the car up because the tank will need to be dropped or can we get to the fuel pump through the back seat, if yes, how? The car has really not been working at all for about 9 months, I had it for little over a year, had the water pump replacing, timing belts and pullies replaced, as well as the starter. Also had power steering hose fixed since it was leaking (which is still a problem (which is one of the least of the problems this car has)). Any help, instrucitions, pictures would be appreciated. I'm just trying to get it to work enough where I can sell it and get at least some of the money back, I already have a 95 sc300 in sight, which is being sold by a mechanic who I believe is fair, he helped me out before, sometimes with no charge.

okay heres how u do it. first lift up on the front of the back seat butt part. it will pop up. remove the lower part from the car. then look at the base of the backrest part of the seat thats remaining... on the far left, far right and just left of center if u are looking at it and u will see three bolts. remove them then lift up on the seat. it will come loose from its hooks. slide the seatbelts around the seatback and remove it from the car. you should see a 6inch circle right behind some sound deadening material. remove the circle and you should see the top part of the fuel tank. remove screws attaching cover to the tank. VOILA fuel pump! oh and to remove the tank you take it out the trunk not underneath the car. any questions, just PM me. thanks.

okay heres how u do it. first lift up on the front of the back seat butt part. it will pop up. remove the lower part from the car. then look at the base of the backrest part of the seat thats remaining... on the far left, far right and just left of center if u are looking at it and u will see three bolts. remove them then lift up on the seat. it will come loose from its hooks. slide the seatbelts around the seatback and remove it from the car. you should see a 6inch circle right behind some sound deadening material. remove the circle and you should see the top part of the fuel tank. remove screws attaching cover to the tank. VOILA fuel pump! oh and to remove the tank you take it out the trunk not underneath the car. any questions, just PM me. thanks.

Hey thanx a lot, very helpful, wish I got to read before I got started :) I went in through the trunk and took off something that was facing me when I opened the trunk, not sure what it is, some sensor or something, it has long thing coming from it into the gas tank, now I can't put it back in right, it's getting stuck on something. Then I got to read your post, so I did it the proper way, replaced the pump but I can't connect the electric wires. The connector doesn't match up to the new pump, got aftermarket one from ebay. The rods inside the connector don't match up, so I guess I'll have to bring the fuel pump to discount auto have them find me a matching connector, then cut the wires and put the other connector on, too bad I have to go to work soon and don't have time for it, and I can't figure out how to put that one thing back in, I look through the other hole and it has two things coming from it, one is like a black box and other is smaller medal cylinder looking thing. Wish I had picture of from inside the tank so I would know where they're suppose to be in the tank.

okay the thing u removed was the fuel level sending unit... u put it in and rotate it till it drops in flat. then bolt her down. the electrical is easy..... just cut the wire off the one u replaced it with, and splice it in.... or just cut the wires and use some regular connectors to splice into the wires .... let me know if u need any more help with the car. i am very knowledgable about them.