Group Buy For New-style Gs Taillights

Lex_chick,

The 2 pics you posted are of pre-2001 taillights which had gone through a process of having its amber film removed to give it the clear look.

The process is DIY-able, but very hard and often ends in disaster. I've heard stories of melted lens (from the heatgun), fogged up lens (coz they are not glued back properly), or just broken lens in general.

Now, with the new 2001+ taillights, that same process is NOT applicable. The new style lights already come with amber lens and it takes a lengthy, even more difficult process to remove the lens, hand-carve a new clear lens and put it back on the car. The cheapest clear 2001+ lens I know online is direct from Japan about $800, made by some unknown company. The JP version is $1200 and there are only 3 or so people in America who own them.

I think Guru's price for this truly JDM new style taillights are awesome coz they cost a lot more elsewhere. :blink:

Welcome to our forum.

Nice to have a real Aristo TT on board. Please post some pics and tell about your mods!

And yes, our Aristo friend is correct about the taillights :cheers:

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

i might be able to find better deal for you guys..

once you finnalize list of people i'll give a call to couple of my buddys and i'm sure i can do even better price then this, especially if we going order a lot..

• 6 months later...