Exterior Door Handle

Hi, I have a 94 SC300 and the passenger door wil not open from the outside.

The inside opens just fine.

Whatever happened to the cable or lever is getting in the way of the window rolling down. If i roll the window down it starts crunching and grinding on something in the way, Im guessing that is the broken door lever.

Does anyone know if i dismantel the inside of the door to get to the out side handle and it's controls, or is this done a different way???

Thankyou for any advise.

Cheri

Whatever happened to the cable or lever is getting in the way of the window rolling down. If i roll the window down it starts crunching and grinding on something in the way, Im guessing that is the broken door lever.

Does anyone know if i dismantel the inside of the door to get to the out side handle and it's controls, or is this done a different way???

Thankyou for any advise.

Cheri

The same thing happened to me. It is a control rod; links the outside handle to the lock (actuator). Most likely, the plastic clip that holds the rod to the handle broke; which free's the rod to get in the way of the window when it's going down. Hopefully it did not get to bent out of shape (no pun.) Although it is time consuming; (mostly to be safe), it is not difficult. A good ratchet set with a univeral is all you need.

I was able to gently bend the rod back it to place (without breaking it) and put a new clip on. I found one at autozone or something. Came in a "Foreign car door rod clip multi-pack." Or you can go for it and go to the dealer and get the oem.

Got me too. BUT, the clip I bought at autozone did not say foreign-I thought it would be a close enough fit, and a few days later it came off and my wife rolled down the window. Crunch. So I ordered the oem for 1.66 at Elmhearst Toyota. 'Cept when I go to put it on, my metal rod is FUBAR. Half is laying in the bottom of the door as soon as I open it. NOW, I need the whole electric lock assembly. And it was a !Removed! to change out a year ago. Very tight space to work in. Dammit! (Anybody got one for the pass side for a 93 model?)

Got me too. BUT, the clip I bought at autozone did not say foreign-I thought it would be a close enough fit, and a few days later it came off and my wife rolled down the window. Crunch. So I ordered the oem for 1.66 at Elmhearst Toyota. 'Cept when I go to put it on, my metal rod is FUBAR. Half is laying in the bottom of the door as soon as I open it. NOW, I need the whole electric lock assembly. And it was a !Removed! to change out a year ago. Very tight space to work in. Dammit! (Anybody got one for the pass side for a 93 model?)

Thanks to all of you who responded, it helps alot, I LOVE THESE FORUMS!!!!!!!!

Thankyou for any advise.

Cheri

The same thing happened to me. It is a control rod; links the outside handle to the lock (actuator). Most likely, the plastic clip that holds the rod to the handle broke; which free's the rod to get in the way of the window when it's going down. Hopefully it did not get to bent out of shape (no pun.) Although it is time consuming; (mostly to be safe), it is not difficult. A good ratchet set with a univeral is all you need.

I was able to gently bend the rod back it to place (without breaking it) and put a new clip on. I found one at autozone or something. Came in a "Foreign car door rod clip multi-pack." Or you can go for it and go to the dealer and get the oem.

Thankyou for any advise.

Cheri

http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109384

this shows how to take apart the door to get to the front speakers, but it may help you get to your problem as well.

i hope this helps

I printed your article and Thank You again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!