How Many Oxygen Sensors Are There?

pabs

I recently replaced one of the oxygen sensors because the engine light came on. one day later it came back and now the mechanic says its another oxygen sensor and that there are 4 of them and usually when you replace one the others soon start to fail as well. If someone can give me some insight on this topic, it would be helpful. thanks

I recently replaced one of the oxygen sensors because the engine light came on. one day later it came back and now the mechanic says its another oxygen sensor and that there are 4 of them and usually when you replace one the others soon start to fail as well. If someone can give me some insight on this topic, it would be helpful. thanks

You replaced the one the DTC says too. I would not agree with the once one goes deal.

Yes, I replaced the one that the computer was bringing up, and now the one near the radiator is bad according to him. I have a 1999 es300 sorry for not mentioning that in my earlier post.

This is what I got from the NGK website...

Oxygen Sensor Part No. Location Note Photo

Oxygen Sensor 24656 Upstream Left n/a

Oxygen Sensor 24656 Upstream Right n/a

Oxygen Sensor 24566 Downstream n/a

It states only 3 sensors, not 4.....can anyone confirm?

:cheers: