Engine Problem

ajowan2007

I have a 1992 LS400 with 120k miles Garage Kept, Drives Beautifully but just last week it started running like a peace of crap. Its now shaking very bad when i drive and has a loss of power, and there is also a loud banging noise under the hood. Now it wont start at all!!. I took to an area mechanic who charged me almost $200 just to tell me whats going on and then said he couldnt fix it. He said my #1 Cylinder has no compression, and Cylinder # 2-&-8 have bad injections...In the lamest terms i have no idea what this means, He said i may be looking at replacing the engine which really blew my mind because it only has 120kmiles, and before this problem my car drove like new, with no indications of any problem...and im really not in the financial standing to replace the engine...Does any one have any suggestions to my problem???

I've had similar problems with my '94LS, and it almost always is an ignition wiring problem. The wires seem to be touchy, especially if Mr. Stupid (me) changes them. Recently, my left (looking at the engine from the drivers seat) coil wire loosened, and all h**l broke loose. So I'd recommend replacing them all (50-80 bucks max), and I'll bet your car runs better. I've never had a fuel issue in 114,000 miles-no MAF problem either. I think that mechanics love to replace things that are not bad. I have a post from 3 years ago about the guy who told me I needed to replace my evaporator and other such A/C stuff for $1,200. It was actually a plastic piece on the servo gears that fell off. He got me for $200, but 4 years later, my LS A/C runs like a top. The Rat B...also stole my cabin filters, just installed new ones for 50 bucks.

Cuidado, hombre....

Timing belt may have broke since it will not start now. If it starts and runs bad still could be the tining belt, but except for the banging, could be a bad coil. the one on the drivers side is known to go out and then the car only runs on 4 of the 8 cyls.

Just remove the tining belt covers and look to see if the belt is broke our skipped a notch or two. search timing belt or lexls.com to see info on cam sprocket/belt alingment if belt is not broke