Interior Lighting

Hi all,

This is my first post, but I've been researching on this site for about 3 months now. I gotta say thank you to everyone for all the info that they have made available here. Good stuff.

I just bought a '92 es300 and been trying to clean it up (mod-wise). I changed my gauge lights to bright white LEDs and my headlights to Silverstar Ultras. Next, I want to change all the A/C and Stereo lights. I've seen the thread about how to do it but I was wondering if I could use LEDs for all the button lights and just use the regular bulbs with blue boots for the LCDs (since LEDs wouldn't work on the LCDs)? Since that job plan is still not fully sketched out, in the meantime I want to change all my interior lights to LEDs, but I don't know which LEDs to buy for each interior light. Does anybody know and/or have a list that shows which LEDs could be used to replace each different bulb?

Also, I wanted to put in some footwell lighting. I bought a kit that has a switch and LED light tubes online and it's on it's way. Has anyone here put in LED interior underglow lights? It sounds easy to do, but the hard part is going to be running the wires and finding a hole in the fire wall.

Thanks for the help

Anybody?

:unsure:

I have converted almost all of my '92 LS400's interior lighting to halogen bulbs, slight higher or same wattage but BRIGHTER.

Why do you think LEDs will not work for LCD backlighting..??

LEDs bright enough to "light" the passenger cabin usually generate so much heat that the required heat sink makes them unusable.

Anybody?

LEDs bright enough to "light" the passenger cabin usually generate so much heat that the required heat sink makes them unusable.

I read somewhere on a thread that the lights behind the LCDs are soldered in incadescents and if a LED was used there would be spotting on the LCDs. So, I would just put a bright new bulb (maybe halogen) and put the silicone colored boot over it.

I've never heard of LEDs having heat output problems. <_<

Anybody?

I read somewhere on a thread that the lights behind the LCDs are soldered in incadescents and if a LED was used there would be spotting on the LCDs. So, I would just put a bright new bulb (maybe halogen) and put the silicone colored boot over it.

I've never heard of LEDs having heat output problems. <_<

Nor me iv had no probs :unsure: