Is Anyone Else Having This Problem With The Lexus Stereo?

saabkyle04

Whenever I have songs that contain a lot of bass, the rear speakers (I have the Mark Levinson stereo) produce a horrible distortion sound, I had the same problem with my other ES300. It doesn't always have to be loud either, just certain frequencies of bass are enough to make it sound terrible. Is there any way to minimize this without adjusting the audio system settings much?

**Also, has anyone else (that has the rear sunshade) been aggravated by a rattle in the back panels from the stereo's bass? any ideas?

Whenever I have songs that contain a lot of bass, the rear speakers (I have the Mark Levinson stereo) produce a horrible distortion sound, I had the same problem with my other ES300. It doesn't always have to be loud either, just certain frequencies of bass are enough to make it sound terrible. Is there any way to minimize this without adjusting the audio system settings much?

**Also, has anyone else (that has the rear sunshade) been aggravated by a rattle in the back panels from the stereo's bass? any ideas?

Gee saabkyle, no I have not had that.....gee I hope I don't either! I have the ML and the rear sunshade. And yes, there is a way to minimize the base and where the balance of the sound. Hit your AUDIO button and then in the bottom left of the screen (assuming you have an 08 ES350 here) press the SOUND or button. It should show your the four seats and a cross hair that you can move side to side or front to back (kind of like a balance that most cars have). But with the ML you can move the sound diagonally to I believe. In this same screen, you can adjust the base treble and midrange + or -). I hope this helps! Good luck!

Also, keep asking and people on this forum will respond...they are great! We Lexus owners are great!!!!

Gee saabkyle, no I have not had that.....gee I hope I don't either! I have the ML and the rear sunshade. And yes, there is a way to minimize the base and where the balance of the sound. Hit your AUDIO button and then in the bottom left of the screen (assuming you have an 08 ES350 here) press the SOUND or button. It should show your the four seats and a cross hair that you can move side to side or front to back (kind of like a balance that most cars have). But with the ML you can move the sound diagonally to I believe. In this same screen, you can adjust the base treble and midrange + or -). I hope this helps! Good luck!

Also, keep asking and people on this forum will respond...they are great! We Lexus owners are great!!!!

Thanks a lot man and I will try that! hopefully I can get a bunch of posts lol, that would be cool! I totally agree with you too, LEXUS OWNERS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD haha

saabkyle,

Fairly early on I noticed that certain music with heavy base caused the speaker(s) to sound "wrong". I had previously tweaked the bass / treble so that base was slightly boosted from the neutral setting. I moved it back to neutral, and have not experienced the annoying bass thumping sound since. IMO, the Levinson sounds darn good without upping either the bass or the treble.

I haven't thought to try that, I'll check it out and get back to you. That is exactly what I was talking about, it would just do it on bass thumping songs! The ML sounds system's audio quality, I think, sounds better than my Dad's escalade! I mean bose has more power, but ML has a better range of frequencies and acoustics.

I haven't thought to try that, I'll check it out and get back to you. That is exactly what I was talking about, it would just do it on bass thumping songs! The ML sounds system's audio quality, I think, sounds better than my Dad's escalade! I mean bose has more power, but ML has a better range of frequencies and acoustics.

Better range of frequencies at lower volume. ML is awesome with acoustical music. Stuff for bigger bass and pop music, it does distort. It's the ML subwoofer. All of the other speakers are 100% better than anything aftermarket, but the Sub is sub-par. I had the sound analyzed at a local car stero shop and the only thing they added was two 10"subs and an amp for them. The shop said I could get away with 1 sub, but if you can, do. Now, it's unbelieveable, low and high frequencies at high and loow volumes. Note that when I added the new subs the old sub became a mid-range. Kinda funny adding more money to an already expensive system.

• 2 months later...

Better range of frequencies at lower volume. ML is awesome with acoustical music. Stuff for bigger bass and pop music, it does distort. It's the ML subwoofer. All of the other speakers are 100% better than anything aftermarket, but the Sub is sub-par. I had the sound analyzed at a local car stero shop and the only thing they added was two 10"subs and an amp for them. The shop said I could get away with 1 sub, but if you can, do. Now, it's unbelieveable, low and high frequencies at high and loow volumes. Note that when I added the new subs the old sub became a mid-range. Kinda funny adding more money to an already expensive system.

I did the same thing you did only I just added 1 Kicker L5 and a Rockford Fosgate T500 mono amp, I disconnected the ml sub and just left it in there. I agree with the clarity of the ML system, it is far better than anything I have heard up to date! The only thing now is that I am having trouble with rattles where the rear sunshade is, but I don't think it's from the sub, it was doing it before I got it. The dealer had to do some stereo work for me already because 3 of my speakers blew :/ I don't they fully secured the package tray or knocked something loose. I am going to have to take it back now and get them to fix it, insulate it, tighten things,whatever they need to do because it shakes going down the road even with the radio off. What should I do about the sub? Should I take it out before I go up there? Does anyone thing it's a big deal for the dealership to see that?