Lease A Rx400h?

Any perspectives/experience whether it is better to lease the RX400h compared to buying and selling it a few years later? (we hope to purchase a plug-in hybrid in 2-3 years!)

The questions are how does the real-world resale value of the RX400h compare to what's calculated in leases, and do Lexus dealers give better deals to buyers or leasers of the RX400h? (Lexus is currently advertising "special lease rates")

And if the answer is leasing, any advice on how to negotiate the best deal?

Thanks!

Any perspectives/experience whether it is better to lease the RX400h compared to buying and selling it a few years later? (we hope to purchase a plug-in hybrid in 2-3 years!)

The questions are how does the real-world resale value of the RX400h compare to what's calculated in leases, and do Lexus dealers give better deals to buyers or leasers of the RX400h? (Lexus is currently advertising "special lease rates")

Thanks!

Never lease before, so I don't know. But if you plan to keep the vehicle less than 2-3 years, it's better to lease it. Buying it brand new you will take the steepest depreciation on the vehicle for the first 2-3 years, sometime as much as 45% in 3 years. Lease, you may have some limitations, such as 10-12K per year, do you drive a lot? Plus, you'll have nothing after 2-3 years. I recently bought my RX400h after driving my Maxima for 12 years, 172K. I now park it in my backyard. Plan to give it to charity or my nephew cause I will only get rip off if I trade in, and I hate car salesman making profit by ripping people off.

Conclusion: Buy if keep more than 5 years. Lease: if only keep 2-3 years

Thanks!

Never lease before, so I don't know. But if you plan to keep the vehicle less than 2-3 years, it's better to lease it. Buying it brand new you will take the steepest depreciation on the vehicle for the first 2-3 years, sometime as much as 45% in 3 years. Lease, you may have some limitations, such as 10-12K per year, do you drive a lot? Plus, you'll have nothing after 2-3 years. I recently bought my RX400h after driving my Maxima for 12 years, 172K. I now park it in my backyard. Plan to give it to charity or my nephew cause I will only get rip off if I trade in, and I hate car salesman making profit by ripping people off.

Conclusion: Buy if keep more than 5 years. Lease: if only keep 2-3 years

Up to now I have always opted to buy the car, making a healthy down payement, and selling it after 2 years. It always turned out cheaper than way than the leasing options I was given by the dealers.