What is the MPG for your RX350? What percentage of highway & city driving? Temp of where you live?

My aunt has a RX330 and she only managed to 21MPG 30% city and 70% highway. We live in MN, she the cold weather really taken toll in our MPG.

I live in the St Louis area where in the winter we can have 50 one day and 15 the next. Mostly a suburban type driving area where Im averaging around 19.

What is the MPG for your RX350? What percentage of highway & city driving? Temp of where you live?

My aunt has a RX330 and she only managed to 21MPG 30% city and 70% highway. We live in MN, she the cold weather really taken toll in our MPG.

I'd say that 21 mpg is above average. Of course, you own an "h" so that may seem low but only by a bit (like 20-25%). A few mpg plus or minus doesn't amount to much difference unless there is a long daily commute or a job that requires extensive and unreimbursed driving of your own vehicle.

I'm retired on a fixed pension and the 50/50 city/highway average of 19 mpg is fine for me.

Tooling around Yellowstone Park in the cold (snowy) weather at 7000 feet the reading turned out to be 27 mpg on the car's computer and the calculation at the gas pump. Of course, the speed limit in the park is 45 mph. Nobody has a lead foot there due to speed traps, curvy roads, hills, animals on the highway, and limited opportunity to pass.

May that be a lesson learned on how to get higher gas mileage but it is not a real world situation. On a CA freeway that speed would get you killed or a least somebody's engine in your back seat. An RX would make a handsome hood ornament on an 18-wheeler.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 08 350. Live in southern Ohio - normal winter temperature of 20 - 20+ and normal summer temperatures of 80-90. Most driving is rural highway driving and small town. I get 22-24 mpg consistently.

• 2 weeks later...

So far we've achieved a best of 23, which was all highway, with the exception of cutting through SF on the way to the bridge, and a worst of 19 which was almost all city driving. I've been pretty impressed with the highway mileage, given the weight and tall profile of the vehicle. City mileage is as we expected. All in all, it ain't bad for throwing a brick in the wind with 270 hp.