4 Wheel Alignment

nc211

The 4runner heads into the shop tomorrow for a general inspection and alignment. The service guy said only the front wheels can be aligned because the rear set up is a solid axle. I'm new to this setup, but does this sound right to you guys? The rear is one long tube from wheel to wheel, but I wouldn't think that would matter since it's just tiny adjustments? Being my second awd vehicle, and not having to align or balance the wheels in the past 7 months, I figured it best to do it "needs it a little". Knowing how quickly an awd setup can chew up tires if not aligned. Any of you subaru owners out there certainly know what I'm talking about!

Thanks fellas, I can see what you mean now. The tech said the rear wheels on this type of setup follow the fronts, so if the front is out of line, the rears will act as such too.

And the main reason why I stepped down from Lexus to Toyota....the cost of service. Alignment, rear differential fluid changed with correct diff/lock additive added, rotate/balance, steering stoppers greased to quiet down crunching noise, intake/injectors/fuel system cleaned, brakes inspected, and thurough inspection with report on all mounts and bushings...$200 bucks from the Toyota dealership. I gotta' admit, I know the GX470 is much/far/extremely nicer in terms of amenities and such, but the cost difference in servicing "and keeping me off the garage floor" is quite a nice difference.