Squeeky Wheels

MESKIN79

I have a 02 is300 and i get a lot of squeeking from my front wheels. I think that it may be my wheel bearings, but i'm not sure. Has anyone else ever had this problem with their cars, and if so, was it pricey to correct. I also get a lot of steering wheel vibration when i'm braking (maybe because of the wheel bearings) from around 45-25 mph. I took the car to brake check and they told me that i needed new brake pads and since i don't know musch about brakes, i went with it (it did not help). Just trying to get some opinions from non-biased people before i take it to a dealership. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 1 year later...
hmmm..... check the dust shield that covers you rotor and make sure it's not touching the rotor itself.... other than that just check everything that actually rotates...

will do, thanks.

I'm having the same problem... I'm thinking that it's my front wheels. But when I took it to the brake service at Meineke, they said it was the rear brake pads.

I'm looking into getting the Hawk HPS http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A2731A0A0A2587745.aspx

Anybody know if that's any good for an 02 is300? I prefer ceramic...

hmmm..... check the dust shield that covers you rotor and make sure it's not touching the rotor itself.... other than that just check everything that actually rotates...

will do, thanks.

I'm having the same problem... I'm thinking that it's my front wheels. But when I took it to the brake service at Meineke, they said it was the rear brake pads.

I'm looking into getting the Hawk HPS http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A2731A0A0A2587745.aspx

Anybody know if that's any good for an 02 is300? I prefer ceramic...

Can I ask why you prefer ceramic? The best pads I've found to use with stock rotors are EBC greens. Plenty of stopping power, little to no brake dust, and hold up well over time.

I personally have the Hawk HPS pads on my 04 IS and love them. Very little brake dust and great stopping power especially with my slotted rotors and stainless steel brake lines. A little more brake noise but not a squeaking...but hey i like to hear my car talk to me :D. But the EBC pads are pretty nice as well, the only thing seperating them at the time of purchase was the price.