Aftermarket Radio On Gs300

Hi everybody,

I am trying to install an aftermarket radio on my GS300 of '99. It is one of those combos with DVD/TV and 7" display. I managed to connect all power and audio wires but there is no sound. I know there is a CD changer and an amplifier in the middle and what I found is that the amplifier is not activated if it doesn't get signal from a couple of wires titled (BUS+/BUS-). If I connect this wires to the factory radio I can get the sound out of the amplifier. Does anybody know how to activate the stock amplifier without the factory radio or there is no way to do it and I will need to replace the stock amp too?

Saimir

No, actually, looks like (BUS+/BUS-) Pionee's oem signaling that transfers data between devices (CD changer, AMP). What I have done, is I have connected power and audio wires to the aftermarket radio and only power and this BUS to the factory radio and only if I turn on the factory radio the audio comes out.

Seems strange but this is happening in my car.

Thanks,

Sajme

Are these just + and - for electrical current? You should just be able to get these from any other cables that can supply the needed electrical current. These might just be needed to power up the amp.

Good Luck

BTW I have used the factory amp with after market stereos.

I used to use 3rd CD change on Corolla and remember some wires acts as power on (similar as you old radio does), what I mean is try to know all wires some are just switch and short them or connect to your new radio will do. You can know by measure wires on old radio and turn it on/off.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
No, actually, looks like (BUS+/BUS-) Pionee's oem signaling that transfers data between devices (CD changer, AMP). What I have done, is I have connected power and audio wires to the aftermarket radio and only power and this BUS to the factory radio and only if I turn on the factory radio the audio comes out.

Seems strange but this is happening in my car.

Thanks,

Sajme

Are these just + and - for electrical current? You should just be able to get these from any other cables that can supply the needed electrical current. These might just be needed to power up the amp.

Good Luck

BTW I have used the factory amp with after market stereos.

Sajme, did you ever get the stock amp to work? I just started a project where I would like to use the stock amp in my 99 GS300 and I am running into the same issue. I can't get the amp to turn on and the only missing link seems to be the BUS+ and BUS-. Does anyone know if I can just send voltage down those wires to get the amp to turn on?

Thanks!

I just had a new system installed. The guy at cartoys had a heck of a time trying to get the stock amp working with my deck. He tried a 20 dollar then a 200 dollar interface unit and still couldn't get it to work. I ended up replacing all my factory speakers with focals and got a 4 channel amp. I had him install dynamat while he was in there. All because I couldn't get the factory amp working.

Sounds nice!! Kinda expensive.. All in all it was worth it.

u cant get factory amp to work with after market radio.......... just change the amp. bam problem solved

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian