How Safe Is A 1991 Ls400

91ls400

I have looked long and hard and it looks like they haven't ever crash tested the 90-94 LS models. I was just wondering how safe is my Lexus. I know that it has to be relatively safe, the 95 models got great marks. Does anyone know of an official test of these models?

I have looked long and hard and it looks like they haven't ever crash tested the 90-94 LS models. I was just wondering how safe is my Lexus. I know that it has to be relatively safe, the 95 models got great marks. Does anyone know of an official test of these models?

They are very safe cars. The 95-99 LS400 had top ratings in the IIHS off-set crash test and I think that the 90-94 has the same chassis. I think the main difference is that in 1995- the wheelbase was stretched. Someone correct me if I am wrong. You can tell that they are solid, well built cars, as the sheetmetal seems very strong. Also, the late 80s and early 90s was when cars really started gaining safety features. The standard airbag and ABS brakes are big pluses. The safety cage of a car is one of its biggest safety features and I am sure that the 90-94 LS400 has a very strong safety cage. So you can rest assured that these cars are very safe.

I am sure there is someone here that may have actually had a crash in a 1990-1994 LS400 and will be able to comment on how well the car held up.