Moving On To A Mb - S500

Mera

Mera, a personal question and I would completely understand if you so choose not to answer. But I'm curious what you do for a living?

The question is, whats the fascination with buttons? The LS430 has I believe every feature the S class does...it just controls them with less buttons.

Yes the LS matches the S feature for feature; but many buttons are absorbed by the touch screen. But on the S550 you now have: (drumroll please)

THE CONTROL KNOB!!!

Yuck. The S550 has some features that border on the sublime (the Distronic Plus is pretty cool) and some that are ridiculous (the 'active seats that hold you in turns). But it's mostly buried under Command; which is better than I-Drive but still not as easy or as quick to use as the touch screen. The LS 460 has for me almost too many buttons.

I think the LS 460 has nicer materials; the S550 design looks a little more daring but to my touch the materials still feel cheap.

German leather is different than that found in most cars. After 4 years and 44k miles, my S class still smells like a baseball glove. There is no plastic on the interior that I can find--the wood is actually wood, and everything else is either leather or chrome.

It's funny because the leather in the LS 460 (and I believe maybe the 430) comes from Germany. I'm sure they have their own tanning process; the MB leather does have a very strong smell to it; I've know people that thought it was too much.

The regular W220 S-class (non S600) have a fair amount of plastic. Does your car have the designo interior? I remember everything in the Designo cars (and the S600) is covered in leather, wood or alcantara; it's impressive. The LS 600h has everything; even the top of the dash and the tops of the doors covered in leather.

PETA would have a field day. :)