Cannot Lock/unlock Or Use Personal Settings

Hello Everyone. Maybe someone can help with this. I have a 2001 GS300. My wife drove the car yesterday and today I noticed that the doors will not lock or unlock from the keyless entry or the lock button located on the either of the doors. I also noticed that the personal settings buttons will not do anything (1 & 2). I checked fuses and they all seem to be fine. The keyless entry key lights up like the battery is fine and will make a beep sound when locking but doesn't actually lock the doors. It makes no sound when unlocking but lights up on the key recongnizing the button is being pressed. While I was checking fuses (with the drivers door opened), I popped the hood and the horn (alarm) started blowing and I had to actually put the key in the ignition and start the car to stop it.

Has anyone ever experienced this or does anyone have any ideas?

Hello Everyone. Maybe someone can help with this. I have a 2001 GS300. My wife drove the car yesterday and today I noticed that the doors will not lock or unlock from the keyless entry or the lock button located on the either of the doors. I also noticed that the personal settings buttons will not do anything (1 & 2). I checked fuses and they all seem to be fine. The keyless entry key lights up like the battery is fine and will make a beep sound when locking but doesn't actually lock the doors. It makes no sound when unlocking but lights up on the key recongnizing the button is being pressed. While I was checking fuses (with the drivers door opened), I popped the hood and the horn (alarm) started blowing and I had to actually put the key in the ignition and start the car to stop it.

check the connections on the battery, it even may need to be replaced. other than that my fa<edited> dealer said lexus personalized settings don't exist, there is no such thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem with the door locks. It began with the passanger side, when unlocking/locking it would beep but the door would never actually lock/unlock. In fact, it would beep back at me letting me know it didn't work. I read from someone else having this same issue with their 2001 GS300 (seems to be an on going problem with this year) that we need to replace the Actuator. Mine is now having a problem with the drivers side. My husband called a shop to find out the price for this part, it seems to run about 200-250 each. and according to the mechanic he spoke to, it takes about 2 hours each side. Ouch.

yeah they not cheap lgs300 my driver side starting to go...........i think this acution might be over but email they guy and see if he still has them and wants to make a deal or something!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...224580&rd=1

or try sewell lexus's webpage they normally hook us up!

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with my gs. If one of the locks fail to actuate, it will not chirp (light still flash) b/c not all of the doors are secure. I am hunting for actuators as well. I remember reading one post where someone actually removed their actuator, disassembled it and had the brushes rebuilt. Its more like $50 a door instead of $250. I am still trying to find that post. Let me know if you find an easier way.

• 3 months later...

i had a similar problem too. Back then my front right door and rear left would lock with the key lock button and the button on the door but now they dont. Only the driver and rear right doors lock. Althoe my car does turn the turns on both turn signals like it should when i lock or unlock the door. The seat personalized settings don't work on mine either.

I don't know about the seat settings, but the doors not unlocking could be the actuator. I just followed a DIY on another site that basically saved me $5-600. Both doors worked after I got done replacing the motors according to the DIY, but the coupler on one of the motors isn't tight so I have to pull the actuator back out and either loctite the coupler on the motor or put the coupler on another motor and see if it'll stay tight...

I don't know about the seat settings, but the doors not unlocking could be the actuator. I just followed a DIY on another site that basically saved me $5-600. Both doors worked after I got done replacing the motors according to the DIY, but the coupler on one of the motors isn't tight so I have to pull the actuator back out and either loctite the coupler on the motor or put the coupler on another motor and see if it'll stay tight...

do you happen to have a link? :D