Noise From Front Suspension

heeya

I have a 97 ES. Sometimes I hear knocking nose from the front wheel when i make a turn or release the brake.

I also hear squeaking noise when i go ver the bump in low speed. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks.

I have a 97 ES. Sometimes I hear knocking nose from the front wheel when i make a turn or release the brake.

I also hear squeaking noise when i go ver the bump in low speed. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks.

probaly need new struts sounds like they are worn out. Replace them with OEM struts

Try checking your sway bar bushings (very easy to replace and cheap). There are a couple of parts to check up there for play.

Lower control arm bushings, sway bar end links, sway bar bushings, wheel bearings, tie rods (inner and outer) as well as struts and strut plates.

There ore no grease fittings anywhere on the front suspension because the joints are lubed and sealed for life. You run these parts until they're out of spec then you change them out.

It always helps if you can do the work yourself.

Thanks.

DId you ever figure out the problem? I have similar problems but my noises aren't as prominent. Also, my front tires have worn out unevenly where the inner side wore out much quicker and it's now almost bald but the outer part of the tire has lots of tread still left on it.

Can you let update me on what you've done to fix the issue? I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Those models have a known issue of pre-mature wear of the rubber bushing inside the strut mounts. The struts themselves do not need to be replaced to fix the noise(alothough it wouldn't hurt). New strut mounts is what is needed to get rid of the noise.

I got the front strut and strut mount replaced. The knocking noice is gone but the squeaking noise is still there (only when I go over the bump). Replaced with KYB GR2 strut instead of OEM but still cost me $600 with parts and labor.