Hi, I Need Some Info .. ..

martinchan

Hi to every owner here,

i'm martin from malaysia, i might need some info from you guys who know about this question,

there is two different type of head lamp of IS model and toyota, 1 is normal halogen and other 1 is with HID leveling head lamp.. but i think the normal halogen head lamp is for toyota altezza and the other build in HID is from lexus. correct me if i'm wrong because i'm also not so sure, in malaysia all is toyota altezza, no lexus IS200 or even IS300, i'm thinking to change my head lamp to the lexus IS type (HID) to my toyota altezza to replace my original stock halogen head lamp, is it possible to plug and play or other necessary wiring to install the head light? if possible i might will order from japan through my friend.

please help , i'm newbie in this.

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k52793991 ---> normal halogen headlamp ( toyota altezza )

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b51915495 ---> stock headlamp with HID ( lexus )

--- i want to change halogen type to HID type on my toyota altezza, is it possible? or need to mod?

--- is the HID type has the auto level fuction?

Regard

Martin

To switch to the HID from standard halogen isn't exactly plug and play, but easier than most conversion kits in that the headlight housing has the ballast compartment built in. You'll need to disconnect the halogen plugs and rewire them to the ballasts that get mounted underneath the headlight housings. As for the auto leveling, that should be standard and is a different system altogether. But yes the HID has the auto leveling function also.

If your ordering the HID housings you have posted. ( I can't read Japanese), but from the picture it has the ballast and connectors on it. All you will need is to get the connectors on your car that plug into those changed over. An easy fix though.

many thanks for the reply smooth1

my next question is does anyone of you have the wiring detail of connection from the halogen head lamp convert to this H.I.D head lamp ? Is the auto leveling motorised?

Thanks in advance