How To Replace 1999 Rx300 Fog Light?

fantastic rx

• 1 year later...
How to replace 1999 Rx300 fog light?

I have a 2000 RX 300. I picked up a couple 9006 lights yesterday to replace my existing fog lights. It looks like the question about how to replace them hasn't really been answered yet. I have checked Ed's excellent How2 site but this isn't addressed there.

I did pick up the 1999-2006 Haynes manual for the RX300/330 and Highlander but there are a couple steps that aren't clear: 1) remove the two headlight housing mounting nuts from the outer edge of the headlight housing (these nuts could not be found, though we found 1 nut and removed it). 2) desengage the locator pin at the upper mounting bolt bracket. To disengage it, simply pull the mounting bracket straight up. (we couldnt locate that either).

I did try removing the front fender well liner, but not the bumper. Does anyone have specific replacement instructions with pictures to help clarify some of the steps? Thanks in advance!

Myles

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 2000 rx300 and i replaced my foglight bulbs a few times now. i use NOKYA yellow fog light bulbs 9006 70watt B) . and i always just pop my hood and do it from there. my hands aren't the smallest, the hardest part is pulling the male end of the bulb. just get it off and then you will have more room to get the bulb out. on the drivers side it will be easier if you take out the battery. it takes some patience :chairshot: because it's a really tight squeeze but you can easily get them out with out removing your bumper or going underneath. just unplug them and take them out with your fingers. and be reall carefull because i dropped mine once and it broke on me so i had to buy a new bulb :censored:

How to replace 1999 Rx300 fog light?

I replaced my fog lights last night. I did not remove the bumper. I removed the three fasteners that hold the light in and wiggled it out about 4 inches. Then I replaced the light.

Took all of 15 minutes including coffee.

BTW, No engineer worth his salt would ever make you take the bumper cover off. That would be how a young inexperienced engineer would do it. Plus Toyo makes these things for fast assembly.

• 5 months later...

I don't know if this will be helpful considering how old this post is, but I have replaced my fog lights a couple times without even taking anything out. I just stuck my hand down there, it took some time the first time i did it, but no reason to take everything apart. I may have taken the window washer fluid spout off. I can't remember.