Rx300 New Problem, New Here!

TampRX300

Well, I can't believe how long I went without joining this site.

I have a 99 RX300 with 93K miles. Today, the traction control light came one, the one that marks off and it stopped shifting after 3rd gear. There is no change when I turn the OD on or off and the traction control off light comes on after I start the car and drive for a little while. Any ideas?

I've read around here about the knock sensor, but why is my traction control light coming on and not my CEL?

Any ideas or solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Well, I can't believe how long I went without joining this site.

I have a 99 RX300 with 93K miles. Today, the traction control light came one, the one that marks off and it stopped shifting after 3rd gear. There is no change when I turn the OD on or off and the traction control off light comes on after I start the car and drive for a little while. Any ideas?

I've read around here about the knock sensor, but why is my traction control light coming on and not my CEL?

Any ideas or solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Does the CEL light illuminate at all..??

An aging and degraded performance engine might result in both symptoms, the engine simply cannot produce the torque required at the low RPM in OD and the ECU has "learned" that and the factory considered taht SOP (at those miles and age) so no CEL.

no CEL at all. In fact, the only light that comes on after a while is the Trac Off light. If I'm cruising and turn off the car, shift to neutral, I can feel the torque release and engage into OD. When I crank it right up still at cruising speeds of 40 or above, and engage into D again, it will work fine and respond to all gears and OD. Weird, but I'm afraid to expect more trouble.