Nakamichi Specs

chilkoot

I don't see any need to replace my Nak head unit, despite its age, but would like to get a decent set of speakers in my car to replace my disintegrated factory units. All I can seem to find about the 1st Gen Nakamichi systems is that that they are a total of 280 watts, the rear sub is 8", 40 watts RMS from 90-92 and 10" from 93-94, the front speakers are 4" round components and the rears are either 4" or 6" round. The sub woofer is 2 ohms and would require an open-air capable replacement, the door speakers are 4 ohms.

However, for the life of me, I cannot find the wattage rating on the front and rear speakers or the 93-94 sub. I've tried googling and searching here but most people just seem to replace the whole system so it never comes up. If it comes down to it I could remove my door panels and rear deck to find out, but that seems like a lot of effort for something that I'm sure somebody here knows.

Thanks for any and all help. I'm also not entirely sure on the size of the rear speakers, so if somebody could please correct me. I'm going from memory on a lot of the above.

Follow Jcromes guess.. It was a good one..

80 watt RMS 150 Peak for the sub.. You will probably find a good dual voice coil that will have to be wired in parallel to achieve your two ohm load.. There are alot of posts on this forum with lots of pix, what to buy and how to's on this subject..

All other speakers with 50 watt RMS and 125 Peak will perform well.. Tweeters are usually not a problem as the Crossover Network filters out all the lower frequencies to the larger components that require most of the power..

Good luck