New Header Install

brosnibean

i will be throwing on the mazzuri super header and tenabe medallion cat back exhaust this weekend! :D first off, a big thanks to Smooth for all his help thus far, but figured I would give him a break, seeing as he has been answering so many of my questions he is probably back logged with Flop's questions...... j/k Flop :P

all the weekend plans have been cancelled....spending a weekend under a Lexus is not as good as spending a weekend under Marissa, but it's not half bad either. i have the o2 sim for the header, but smooth mentioned a plug defowler for the sensor in the y-pipe is necessary, else the dreaded cel will appear....anybody know where such an item could be obtained quickly?!? i have looked at advance and autozone sites on-line but found nothing.....i can not take everything sitting in the garage just tormenting me any longer...

thanks,

bros

But Flop your still running the stock catalytic converter in the down pipe. So the sensor after that cat still reads everything is ok.

Bros, I would just go with what you have and do the install. then see if the cel comes on. If it does, then you'll have to do the spacer for that sensor. It's really just a heater wire and reads the temps. After you do the install, and if it comes up, and you can't find a spacer, then I would just go to a custom exhaust shop, and have them weld in a 1'' riser on that bung. Should cost you maybe 50 bucks at most. If you can find the spacer will save you like 40 bucks then as they cost around 10 bucks. But sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Unless you have a freind good with a torch and welder. ;)

but i have a sim on both b1s2 and b2s2.... dual output...... only thing those sensors are doing is filling up the holes and taking care of the heater wires..... and there is no sensor after the cat in the downpipe... it's before it..... :P

Ok, let's get this out and straight.

There are 2 catalysts in the header. 1 one bank 1, and 1 on bank 2. There is an 02 sensor for each. Those are the ones that you have sim'd.

I'm talking about this one:

post-42851-1203606680_thumb.jpg

See the sensor there? It's AFTER the catalysts, on the downpipe.

I think the confusion is coming from Brosnibean didn't mention that he isn't just putting a new header on, He also got a new y pipe, and a full exhaust system from Tenabe with a new downpipe, and muffler.

So, like I said, just put it all in and sim the two sensors on bank 1 and 2 for now, and see if you have any cels. If you do, then we will know where it's coming from and you can fix it then.

I think the confusion is coming from Brosnibean didn't mention that he isn't just putting a new header on, He also got a new y pipe, and a full exhaust system from Tenabe with a new downpipe, and muffler.

:blushing: ya, everything is getting replaced....thanks to mazzuri and a friend in Orlando! ;)

no i don't..... i have the sensor that you have in the pic there simmed and the the lower one in the header itself simmed....

well whatever the case is i have a defowler that you can have brosnibean... if you'll just pay shipping... if i can find it... i'm almost positive that i know where it is..... i'll look today... and get back with ya... let me know if you want it.....